Prevention and awareness initiatives
- 288,358 people, including 828 migrant workers, from 171 villages were reached by 15 community awareness events addressing safe migration, human trafficking, and child protection. Hagar collaborated with local authorities for the events.
- 55 people participated in Good husband, wife and youth groups in Kampoung Speu to discuss community issues like human trafficking, unsafe migration, gender based violence, positive parenting and child protection. 17 participants had meetings with authorities to discuss these issues and seek their response.
- 23 church leaders and 7 local authority representatives, from Battambang and Pailin provinces, received 2 training sessions on preventing human trafficking, safe migration, and gender-based violence.
- 624 people, including 164 children participated in 5 community awareness initiatives in the Krochkor, Keovpor, Chrey and Krochkor communes. Topics discussed include human trafficking, unsafe migration, gender based violence, child protection, green and clean environment and tree planting. 200 trees were planted at schools as a result.
Heal & Empower Highlights
- 219 clients/survivors are currently benefitting from Hagar’s services
- 3 new domestic violence survivors have been admitted in the last month
- 6 clients/survivors graduated from the program
- 135 clients/survivors benefited from psychological counselling sessions
- 5 clients/survivors received career advice
Hagar pursues the highest degree of care and protection for each of its clients. To protect the identity of our clients, names have been changed and images do not necessarily represent the individual profiled.